ST. PETERS CATHOLIC CHURCH
MARCH 31, 2003
St. Peters Pastoral Council met on Monday, March 31, 2003, at 6:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Charlie Walker called the meeting to order. Those present were Cecilia Livingston, Marty Duncan, Gerry Morris, Mitch Sones, Raymond Liberto, Charlie Walker and Father Brock. The minutes were read from the February meeting. Raymond Liberto made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Mitch Sones seconded the motion. The minutes were unanimously approved.
· Gerry was contacted regarding refreshments for Holy Week Services at the First Presbyterian Church. St. Peters will be the host for the Monday service. She will be heading up this task.
· Gerry is in the process of refurbishing the temporary tabernacle for Easter Services.
· No one has called to assist with Vacation Bible School. Marty suggested that an announcement be made during the masses to get parishioners to volunteer for this project. It was suggested that a date be set before approaching the parish.
· There are 7 communicants this year and several RCIA candidates.
· Gift certificates for the Sunday School teachers were discussed. Instead of gift certificates, it was suggested that we have an appreciation supper for the teachers. This has been set for April 27 at 5:30 pm. The Knights have volunteered their time in setting up and cooking the food. Mitch Sones will be contacting Harvey Caldwell, who is a Knight, about preparing the food. Once Mitch has talked with Harvey, a sign up sheet for other items that will be needed will be put in the vestibule for parishioners.
· Everything going well. No news to report.
· There will be an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday. At this time, no other arrangements have been made.
· Mardi Gras party was a success.
· Knights are having a fish fry on April 11, 2003. Tickets are $6 and can be purchased from any Knight. The proceeds will be given to the Priest Education Fund.
· Council discussed an estimate for speakers from Audio Central for the back of Church. Council approved two speakers for the rear of the Church be purchased at cost of $219 per the estimate. Two parishioners agreed to donate $250 each toward the equipment and labor for the project. Council also approved Audio Central installing these speakers.
· Council discussed the new Sunday School building. Prices for two plans will be obtained this week. These two plans consist of the following:
A third option was also discussed. This alternative was to build the Priest a brand new home and use the existing rectory for Sunday School rooms. Father Brock suggested that he mention the third option to the Bishop to see if he would be in agreement with this option before presenting to the Parish. Father did not want to present anything to the Parish that the Bishop may not approve.
· The goal of the Parish Council is to present these options to the Parish on April 27 and vote on these options May 11.
With no further business, there was a motion to adjourn by Marty Duncan and seconded by Raymond Liberto. The next meeting has been set for April 14, 2003 at 6:30 p.m. The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.