PETERS CATHOLIC CHURCH
JUNE 4, 2003
Peters Pastoral Council met on Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 6:30 p.m. in the Parish
Hall. Charlie Walker called the meeting to
order. Those present were Cecilia Livingston, Marty
Duncan, Gerry Morris, Mitch Sones, Ann Geiger, Charlie Walker and Father Brock. The minutes were read from the May meeting. One
change was made regarding the size of the Sunday School Building. Mitch Sones made a motion to accept the minutes
as read. Gerry Morris seconded the motion. The
minutes were unanimously approved.
· Gerry stated that Bernice Wood has taken an old altar cloth and is making purificators for the Church.
· Supplies have been ordered for Vacation Bible School. We have several teachers and volunteers to help assist with this project.
· Ann is going to call Ted Artman regarding the light switch in the ladies bathroom. It is not working properly and needs to be repaired.
· Filter for the parish hall was discussed. Father stated that John Saia has ordered a filter machine for the parish hall. This machine should be able to help alleviate odors in the hall.
· The weekend of June 13-15 St. Peters will house 42 children and 10 adults from Oklahoma who will be traveling to Mobile, AL. They will be staying in the parish hall. Jeanne Logan and Lisa Thomas have requested that they take this on as a CYO service project. The CYO will be assisting this group by providing food, etc. Our guests will be leaving early Sunday morning June 15. Ann Geiger will be serving them juice and donuts for breakfast on Sunday.
· Mitch spoke with Mark Grimes, and the
Food Pantry will be needing someone to sack groceries in July. St. Peters has volunteered for the month of
July. Mitch will let us know what date and
will have it put in the bulletin.
· No report.
· The Council voted to have Ben Logan be the Chairman of the
Building Committee. Charlie Walker will
contact Ben to discuss this with him.
With no further business, there was a
motion to adjourn by Charlie Walker and seconded by Marty Duncan. Having a meeting in July will be determined on how
far we get regarding the Sunday School building project.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:30 p.m.